Stroke Treatment by NeuroMind TMS
TMS, or transcranial magnetic stimulation, is a non-invasive procedure that uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain. TMS has been shown to be effective in treating a variety of conditions, including stroke.
The stroke treatment process by TMS typically involves the following steps:
- The patient will be fitted with a helmet that contains a coil. The coil will be placed over the area of the brain that was affected by the stroke.
- The doctor will then use a computer to control the intensity and duration of the magnetic pulses.
- The patient will feel a tapping sensation on the scalp during the procedure. This is caused by the magnetic pulses stimulating the nerve cells in the brain.
- The treatment typically lasts for about 30 minutes.
- The patient may experience some mild side effects after the procedure, such as headache or scalp discomfort. These side effects are usually short-lived.
TMS is a safe and effective treatment for stroke. It has been shown to improve motor function and cognitive function in stroke patients. TMS is typically used as an adjunct therapy to traditional rehabilitation.
The specific benefits of TMS for stroke treatment vary from person to person. However, some of the potential benefits include:
- Improved motor function: TMS can help to improve motor function in stroke patients by stimulating the brain’s motor cortex. This can help to reduce muscle weakness and improve coordination.
- Improved cognitive function: TMS can also help to improve cognitive function in stroke patients by stimulating the brain’s cognitive areas. This can help to improve memory, attention, and language skills.
- Reduced fatigue: TMS can also help to reduce fatigue in stroke patients. This can make it easier for patients to participate in rehabilitation activities.
If you are interested in learning more about TMS for stroke treatment, please talk to NeuroMind TMS Today.
With access to
Our 24-hour appointment is available for everyone whenever urgent situations arise. Get essential care even during evenings, weekends, holidays, or other non-standard times.